The incubating team is now seeking an outstanding Executive Director. This role offers a qualified candidate the opportunity to lead the first digital platform where feminist and gender justice activists can run their own campaigns and build together a global community of powerful, like-minded and committed gender equality and women’s rights supporters all over the world.
MANIFESTA’s Executive Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for the organization’s mission, staff, activities and fundraising.
S/he will bring passionate commitment to gender justice, advocacy experience across a wide range of feminist issues, strong political instincts, excellent communications skills, exceptional digital savviness, current experience and knowledge of best practices in online/offline organizing/campaigning and collaborative movement building, and experience with collective impact.
S/he will have at least five years’ experience in an executive leadership/management role with high-level networks.
- Provide political vision and leadership to staff and volunteers.
- Build, coach, develop and retain the MANIFESTA's senior management team.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of financial administration, fundraising, communications and systems.
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress and regularly evaluate programs components.
- Actively engage and energize partnering organizations and funders/donors.
- Drive distribution and uptake strategy.
- Establish relationships with political figures, community leaders and mass media.
- Develop long-term relationships with relevant global citizen organizations.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Lead fundraising for the development and sustainability of the MANIFESTA platform.
- Oversee and manage audience growth and marketing strategies.
- Assemble a high caliber and committed board purposfully built for MANIFESTA.
- Ensure that external reporting standards are set and that statutory reporting is compliant with local law.
- Once in place, communicate on a timely basis with the board on the key activities, finance and programmatic performance of MANIFESTA to ensure a good governance system is in place that provides accountability, trust and strategic direction for the Executive Director and the organization as a whole.
Work Location of the Position
- Location TBD
- A thorough and demonstrable commitment to the MANIFESTA’s vision and mission of strengthening the global feminist movements.
- At least 5 years’ experience in executive leadership/management role.
- Track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Deep and up-to-date experience in online/offline campaigning and digital mobilization.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically & analytically.
- Expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills to build strong alliances with diverse constituencies and manage complex politics, positioning and relationships.
- Demonstrated fundraising, business development or sales experience, ideally within a nonprofit or philanthropic environment.
- Ability to package products, services and ideas in a compelling way.
- Demonstrated experience managing the marketing functions of an organization or project and sound understanding of all dimensions of the marketing mix.
- Ideally, some experience in a ‘start up’ environment – willingness to work, flexibility and in a small team.
- Resilience, nimbleness an ability to ‘course correct’ quickly when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; graduate and postgraduate qualifications viewed favorably.
- Courses or certificates in digital communications and/or social media.
- Courses or certificates in Women's/Feminist studies, or Human Rights considered an asset.
- Knowledge of women’s rights, gender justice and development issues; familiarity with elements of feminist theory and women’s rights frameworks.
- Familiarity with key international and regional civil society organizations and women’s rights networks.
- High level digital savvy and knowledge of current online and social media technologies.
- Current experience in online organizing/campaigning.
- Knowledge of best practices in online/offline campaigning and collaborative movement building.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably also in French and/or Spanish; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse, multi-country team, to engage team members, build consensus and to manage conflict.
- High-level networks and networking skills.
- Innovative and flexible.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, French, Russian or Arabic. Trilingual considered an asset.
Women and transgender people from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send (in English):
1. An up-to-date resume/CV that includes details of key achievements.
2. Cover letter summarizing suitability, motivation and interest in applying and addressing the role description, key competencies, and personal attributes.
3. The exact source/location where you saw the advertisement for this position.
E-mail: email@example.com (please include “Campaigner Executive Director” in the subject line)The application closing date is July 15th, 2016